Pictures of Older Posts

www.flickr.com

Monday, February 28, 2011

Braised Chuck Roast with Winter Vegetables


We’ve got some yak meat from a friend, Eddy Sanders, who has a yak farm in Colorado, check his web site here. We have already tried the New York Steak and it was delicious: if you imagine a yak, you wouldn’t think its meat is mild tasting and tender. Not to mention that it is wild and very high in omega-3 fatty acids! I decided to make a Braised Yak Chuck Roast with Winter Vegetables, huummm comfort food, since there is snow coming our way.

This dish is based on a recipe from Jamie Bunnell, owner of Jamie's Bar & Grill in Sacramento, CA, refer to original recipe here. I followed most of his recipe but you may want to use beef stock instead of veal stock (I’ve used some of my own that I made some time ago and it’s a lot of work). I used vegetable oil instead of duck fat and yellow onions, which are similar to Spanish onions (larger and sweeter than yellow onions). I roasted super fresh yams, purple potatoes, carrots and mushrooms from Door to Door Organics to serve as a side dish. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review! We will be trying the recipe this week.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright