Pictures of Older Posts

www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Scallion Goat Cheese Muffins

I think I am back. I am done with cooking school and doing an internship at a restaurant. I still don't know what I am going to do, but I know what I want to keep doing: I want to keep cooking and I want to keep finding nice ways to use CSA ingredients.
This is the 5th week of CSA, unbelievable, how fast summer is passing by. We are getting lots of scallions and they look so beautiful, fresh, they smell awesome, how can you let this go unused? I found this wonderful recipe from Gourmet Magazine and I want to share it with you. It calls for 1 cup of chopped scallions, I would use an additional 1/2 cup next time.
Serve it with sauteed spinach, kale or beet greens and you will have a wonderful complete meal!

Scallion Goat Cheese Muffins

Makes 12 muffins. Gourmet

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk
4 ounces soft mild goat cheese
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 bunch scallions

Method:
Preheat oven to 400 F. and butter twelve muffin cups.

Prep Goat Cheese:
In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons milk and goat cheese until combined.

Mix Wet, Dry and Scallions:
Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Melt butter and in another small bowl whisk together with remaining milk and egg. Finely chop enough scallions to measure 1 cup.
Stir butter mixture and scallions into flour mixture until just combined.

Bake:
Divide half of batter evenly among muffin cups and top each with about 2 teaspoons goat cheese filling. Divide remaining batter over filling.
Bake muffins in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Source: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/reviews/Scallion-Goat-Cheese-Muffins-100599

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are back!! These muffins look delicious, can't wait to try them! Happy cooking!P

    ReplyDelete

Copyright